Thursday, March 31, 2011

SSMT Verses 6 & 7

Technically, I will be a day early posting my seventh verse, but I doubt I will have time to get around to posting tomorrow - so here goes!  (I'm going to do my best to type Verse # 6 from memory.)

Verse # 6

"I will climb up to my watchtower and stand at my guard post.  There I will wait to see what the LORD says and how He will answer my complaint.  Then the LORD said to me:  . . . 

This vision is for a future time.  It describes the end, and it WILL be fulfilled.  If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.  It will not be delayed."  
Habakkuk 2:1, 2a, 3

I can't really articulate my reasons for choosing this verse.  Ok, well maybe I can, but a) it would take too long, and b) it's kinda just between the Lord and me!  (You know it's good to have some things that you keep just between the Lord & you!  By way of analogy, my husband and I use the term "marriage confidential" to refer to things we keep only between the two of us.  Well, if I (as a part of the Church) am the bride of Christ, I figure it's ok to have some "marriage confidential" with my heavenly groom, too!)

Verse # 7

"For I resolved to know nothing (to be acquainted with nothing, to make a display of the knowledge of nothing, and to be conscious of nothing) among you except Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and Him crucified." ~ 1 Corinthians 2:2 (AMP)

I had decided to do this one to prepare my heart for Easter, but I realized how appropriate it is for my current season tonight when I was reading some of the comments on the LPM Blog.  Beth introduced us to one of Lifeway's newest Bible teachers, Tammie Head, whose first published Bible study is being released tomorrow.  Beth has served as a mentor to Tammie for many years.  Tammie commented on the post, and said that Beth would often remind her along the way, "Seek the Caller and not the calling, and you will run smack dab into your calling."  Because I have been searching/wrestling with God over my calling for some time now, that hit me straight between the eyes.  Alas, I realized I need to memorize this verse for more reasons than one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment