Thursday, March 31, 2011

Anyway...

With Easter quickly approaching, I have been pondering the question, "How in the world do you prepare your heart for something as gruesome, yet beautiful as the Crucifixion?"  And, assuming you could get your heart adequately prepared for it, then two days later comes the Resurrection -- the most glorious day of all time thus far.  How do you prepare your heart to receive the Savior who poured out His blood as a ransom for your life?

I'll have to get back to you on those questions...In the meantime, I have been riveted by the lyrics of Sidewalk Prophets' latest song, "You Love Me Anyway."  Maybe it's a good place to start...

I am the thorn in your crown,
But You love me anyway.
I am the sweat from Your brow,
But You love me anyway.
I am the nail in Your wrist,
But You love me anyway.
I am Judas' kiss,
But you love me anyway.
See, I am the man who yelled out from the crowd
For your blood to be spilled on this earth shaking ground,
Yes then, I turned away with this smile on my face,
With this sin in my heart tried to bury Your grace,
Yes, and alone in the night, I still called out to You,
So ashamed of my life, my life, my life...
But you love me anyway.

The line that rocks me to the core is this one - "With this sin in my heart tried to bury Your grace.  Then alone in the night, I still called out for You."  The thought of mankind trying to bury their ONLY HOPE of Salvation is mind boggling on this side of the cross, but I can't say that I wouldn't have had a shovel in my hand if I had been there.  ("He came into the very world he created, but the world didn't recognize Him.  He came to His own people, and even they rejected Him." John 1:10-11 (NLT).)

BUT, we have this hope ---  The. grave. could. NOT. hold. HIM!!!!   

"Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?"

Click here to watch the Sidewalk Prophets video of "You Love Me Anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment