Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Wonderland!


At first, I titled this post "Snow Day," but somehow that title only seems appropriate for a day when school is canceled.  (I'm holding out hope that such will be the case on Monday, but it's still too early to tell.)  Anyway, here's a glimpse of what Bobby and I woke up to this morning.  (Bobby, the photographer, says please ignore the trash compactor in the foreground.)


 Unfortunately, we don't have any scenic pictures of Bobby and me frolicking in the snow because both of us would much rather stay inside where its warm.  Beach people to the core, one snow every decade is plenty for us!  Here are a few examples of what I mean:
  • You know you're from the beach when you refer to snow by year (as in the Snow of '89).  
  • You know you're from the beach when you have to go sledding on the hill of a highway overpass because there's no other hill to be found.  (Actually, we didn't have sleds at all - we used our hydroslides!)
  • You know you're from the beach when you don't own a snow shovel and you have to use a dustpan as an ice scraper. 
  • You know you're from the beach when the closest thing you have to snow boots are Sperry's and Rainbows.  
  • You know you're from the beach when school is canceled if they play "Let it Snow" on the radio within earshot of the superintendent. 
  • You know you're from the beach when you start telling people you've moved to the North, and you mean North Carolina.  (Ok, I know that doesn't exactly have to do with snow, but I couldn't resist.  I'm still mourning the loss of my SC license plate.  Seriously, NC needs to step it up a notch in that department.  I'm pretty sure the NC license plate hasn't changed since they invented the automobile!) 
Just look at all the beautiful SC plates we've had in my lifetime alone...





 

(All License Plate Images from http://www.15q.net/)

Happy snow day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie,

    These are priceless!! Make sure you pass them on to Mary Ann. I'm going to print them and share. If it makes you feel better, John, Mary Jobson, and I have bemoaned the fact that we did not even get half of an inch!

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete